[Rhodes22-list] rigging my Rhodes

Mark Olson Mark-Olson at verizon.net
Tue Oct 24 07:52:21 EDT 2017

I tried using the old one a couple times and finally just left it in the
middle.

I just installed my new traveler and used it for the first time yesterday.
Had a nice sail on the Tappan Zee section of the Hudson River north of
Nyack.  We had a beautiful run downwind then had to tack into 10 to 12 knot
winds to get back to the mooring.  I ran the helm and repositioned the
traveler on tacks.  My sailing partner took care of the jib.  Using the
traveler to increase the pointing saved us at least 2 if not 4 tacks and got
us back before dark.

Mark Olson
1983 - Satchmo