[Rhodes22-list] IMF Main Removal

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 17:50:56 EDT 2017

JP,

You need to slide the entire sail assembly out the bottom of the mast by
releasing the pin that holds it in place at the aft end of the mast.  This
is the same way you would raise or lower the boom.  With the entire
assembly free ot the mast you will be able to see the attachment at the
top.  I think it has a few screws that crimp the sail in a channel if
memory serves (it's been 4 or 5 years since I replaced the mainsail).  Once
you get it free you will know.  Be sure to have 3 people to support the
pole while removing it so you don't overbend or crimp it.

Stephen Staum
s/v Carol Lee 2
Needham, MA

*Stephen Staum*