[Rhodes22-list] Tuning the shrouds

rweiss rweiss at siu.edu
Sat Apr 7 19:02:38 EDT 2018

Has anyone tinkered with tuning the upper and lower shrouds? What I have read
says that a slack rig will put stress on the system through excessive
movement and shock. My shrouds all seem too loose. I have purchased a
tension gauge to measure tension, but am unsure about how many pounds of
pressure to use. I realize this may be overkill for casual sailing, but I
enjoy finding ways of tweaking the boat and am always looking for ways the
extend the life of my beloved Rhodes 22.

Bob

-----
Bob Weiss
Beach Spring