[Rhodes22-list] Chris Cowie and GB

Mrbabs Marc at babineauins.com
Thu Aug 23 15:10:51 EDT 2018

For Rhodies new and old, the continuation of General Boats is a positive
proposition.  Who wants to own an orphan boat, even if beautiful?

How the continuation occurs is solely in the hands of the well known and
very respected helmsman himself.  The term "partnering" can mean different
things to different people. Investments or partnerships can be made with
time, talent or treasure. Interested parties rightly want to know what their
ROI would be.

Those wishing to partner must set forth their vision of what a partnership
needs to look like to entice interest.

But if one assumes the value of the business and real estate is $2,000,000,
simple math says General Boats would have to generate a profit of $14,000
per month to amortize a 20 year note. You would need to sell X number of new
and recycled Rhodes to pay the operating expenses plus generate the required
profit?

Maybe the real estate has a higher value than what a boat manufacturer can
support?  I don't know the answers to any of these questions, but now that
we have embarked on a public discussion, maybe a basic framework can be
established starting with Stan's wish list.

Speaking for myself, I would like to be able to access and order parts
online!

We seem to be caught in the doldrums on this issue and although it's my hope
Stan lives another 92 years, the time and tide wait for no man.

Humble and respectful,
I remain

Marc B.
s/v Baby Steps  2007/2013