[Rhodes22-list] Chris Cowie and GB

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 18:38:48 EDT 2018

Hi Friend;
     And I am not starting this way to tickle your poo-gullet (or whatever the current hyperbole for ass kissing is) and I won't run this on and on (as I am wont to... most of the time, as writers and English professors do).  I only want to comment on your enviable cache of pure wisdom displayed on the list and acquired over the years of rebuffing long lines of grommet bandits (as my long departed cop buddy and USN veteran who served on a  a sea-going tug in the North Atlantic during WW Deuce used to quip when referring to insults to a sailor's scuppers out-flow ). There was  no time then for eloquent semantics (I really love that word, say it out loud, "semantics";  It belongs in a poem) when riding fifty foot swells while steaming west from the Canary Islands chained to a torpedoed troop carrier headed to New Jersey.  Crap! looks as if I did get carried away again.   No matter.

     Ergo, allow me to close with this gem of a statement: As it turns out, you, yes you Stan are my personal ROI associated with belonging to this boat family. That's it, Pappy.

Joe Camp
sv John Dawson
Presumed floating on the Bohemia River, Earleville, MD.