[Rhodes22-list] highest comfortable wind speed

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:32:30 EDT 2018

Chris,

I have the IMF main & sail with the pop top open & the boom in the raised
position. Due to the leverage of the main I sail with the Genoa only in
high winds. Otherwise the heeling is too much for my wife & 1st mate. I
have used the 175, 150 & 130 Genoas & prefer the 130. Even with the smaller
sail I would reef @ 25k. A luff pad is a great addition to the genny for
improved reefing.

Stephen Staum
s/v Carol Lee 2