[Rhodes22-list] highest comfortable wind speed

Bauman, Steven W. (GRC-LMT0) steven.w.bauman at nasa.gov
Wed Aug 29 08:17:35 EDT 2018

I sail in Sandusky Bay (off Lake Erie, near Cedar Point, Ohio) and I have trouble with my genoa (I believe it is a 160) buffeting in winds as little as 15 knots.  It does not seem to matter how much of the sail I have furled, even with only a small amount of it showing, it still buffets, and that seems to cause great drag.  Can anyone suggest to me what my problem is?

Steve