[Rhodes22-list] Ridgeline Test Drive

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sun Dec 23 05:00:43 EST 2018

Don,

If you are that worried about the Ridgeline’s towing ability, why don’t you check if the dealer will allow a test tow with your boat and trailer?  Personally, I find the towing part of any boat trip just a means to an end, something that must be done in order to get to the fun part.  At best, you’re driving a rig that’s 2 to 2-1/2 X longer than you normally drive, 2X as heavy, subject to cross winds, huge blind spots, much less maneuverable, much harder to park, harder to back up, and takes longer to stop.  It’s not my idea of a good time.  The manufacturers tow rating is always conservative.  If the tow vehicle is rated to tow your boat; then, it will.  The question is, can you live with the tow vehicle the other 99.9% of the time when you are not towing?

Roger Pihlaja
SV Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone