[Rhodes22-list] Water in the cabin

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Dec 26 23:14:38 EST 2018

Whenever we had water in the bilge it was almost always from leaking
ports. The water ran down behind the settee cushions. In some cases the
cushions didn't get wet but we could feel the dampness on the carpet
glued to the hull. The only solution was rebedding the ports which was a
pain in the neck but worth it for the dry bilge. There are however other
sources of water. A crack in the cockpit drain tubes could allow water
in the area around the lazarette which could work its way forward if you
are bow down. There could also be leaks around stanchions and
chainplates. You might try selectively tarping parts of the boat to
narrow down the area that is leaking.

Best of luck,

Mary Lou
ex R22, now Rosborough RF-246