[Rhodes22-list] Water in the cabin

Cary Tolbert retiredtoby at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 10:45:29 EST 2018

Alexis, I had a very similar problem. My problem turned out to be a forward
facing port,with the screw
closures. One of the seals in the opening was not sealing and allowed water
drain through to the cabin and flooded the area under the bilge head area
and found its way, slowly, to the main bilge area. Since the boat is at a
slight tilt when on trailer,all water flows toward the stern. I f you have
noticed those ports naturally catch water  and will funnel it into the
cabin. A noticeable clue to look for is that after a rain one of the front
ports will be full of water and one is not.  In my case I also had other
issues with the port and had to order the whole port kit. After replacing
the port, for the last three years, the bilge area is very,very dry.
Good Luck on your search.

Cary Tolbert
S/V Whisper '86