[Rhodes22-list] Boat Height

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Fri Feb 16 10:22:01 EST 2018

When I picked up my recycled boat at the GBI plant in 2016, the mast was on the crutch.  I’d say that’s an indication that in Stan’s view it’s perfectly OK to leave the mast on the crutch for trailering.

As a side note, I actually find it pretty difficult to take the mast off the crutch.  It needs to be lifted higher than I can comfortably do.  I can do it by putting a step-ladder in the cockpit, but that’s a bit shaky.  I made a crutch like structure out of 2x4’s that I can attach to the front end loader of my tractor to help me get the mast on or off the crutch when I need to, but obviously I can only use that at home.

Oh, and for my earlier posting about boat height on the trailer, that estimate was with the mast down on the fore and aft pulpits.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)