[Rhodes22-list] Mast raising

Stan Spitzer stan at rhodes22.com
Sat Jun 9 10:45:50 EDT 2018

I get it, it's a semantic problem.  By block they mean a block of
plastic not a sailboat block.  The world is leaving me behind
semantically.  I used my food stamp credit card at Food Lion the other
day and the screen said, "put in your Pin number *Or* press continue" so
I put in my pin number.  Nothing happened.  I finally had to interrupt
the check out lady who was dong her nails. She came around and pushed
"continue".  I pointed out the lighted screen, which said "Or"   She
explained that these days "Or" no longer means or, it means "And".  I
always say, "live and learn". If I had died at 91 I would never have
learned that today sailors who use the word block, now mean a plate.

Thanks