[Rhodes22-list] POP TOP ENCLOSURE

rweiss rweiss at siu.edu
Thu Mar 15 16:23:48 EDT 2018

I bought my Pop Top Enclosure when I bought the boat from Stan in 2014 and
I'm really glad I have it. In addition to all the same reasons others have
mentioned here, I have discovered that it also keeps raccoons out of the
cabin when I am sleeping overnight on the boat.  On a related topic, I can
also recommend the table top placed on the floor of the cockpit at night to
serve as a critter alarm when sleeping aboard. A couple years ago I was
staying overnight and left my Bimini up, but took my table top off the post
and placed it on the floor under the Bimini because light rain was a
possibility. (I was staying by myself, so I didn't need the table top for
the bunk.) At 3 am, I heard a "clunk" in the cockpit, stood up and looked
out the side window of the Pop Top Enclosure and was nose to nose with the
raccoon who had jumped on the "teeter-totter" table top and stopped on his
way out to look in the window. And finally, on a still related topic, this
past Tuesday I went to check on my boat (1.5 hours away) and discovered a
raccoon in the back Lazarette. He has since been caught in a live trap and
removed. I just bought a couple of battery and solar operated ultrasonic
devices to try to discourage boarders in the future.  If anyone has better
advice, please let me know.

Bob

-----
Bob Weiss