[Rhodes22-list] best motoring setup?

Silver Bay Wjf at me.com
Fri Mar 16 11:02:51 EDT 2018

I am looking to replace my motor with one that features best steering control
and gear change. I do not have or want the extra gadgetry of linkage between
rudder and motor. It may be a shaft-length issue, but my prop will hit the
rudder if steering is not coordinated. But biggest problem for me is that
the motor-tiller is almost vertical and difficult to reach when underway.
Two questions: Are there any recommendations for a "best motor" for control,
and are there any recommendations for "best" steering arrangements when
motoring? In other words, does anyone have experience raising the rudder
when motoring or locking the motor in fixed position with steering with
rudder down? Or any other variation?