[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Purchase

Michael Corley michael.4591 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 17:01:14 EDT 2018

Kim,
   Just picked my 99 Rhodes up from the plant in Edenton after having a
little winter maintenance done.  The plant and Stan still does great work!
You got great advice below from everyone.  Buy as much boat as you are
comfortable with and get out there and sail!!!  Assuming you live on the
East Coast you can always bring the boat back and add features later.  My
first 96 Rhodes came with two opening hatches, a very old trailer and a pop
top enclosure.  My 99 came with two opening hatches, newer used galvanized
trailer, pop top enclosure, bimini, and Captain Chairs.  Over the years I
have added new traveler, motor-rudder linkage and a 130 genoa which is much
better for the heavier winds of the Southern Chesapeake.  Stan has always
given good advice and stands by his warranty and word.  Be realistic with
him when you discuss how you are going to use the boat and your budget.
And have FUN sailing!

-Mike
S/V Ranger (99 Rhodes)
Hampton Roads, Virginia