[Rhodes22-list] Traveling with Motor on Lift

Stan Spitzer stan at rhodes22.com
Thu Oct 25 03:30:33 EDT 2018

We move all rigs with the motor left in place.  And we have covered more
trailing miles than can be fit in the record books. The *first*
requirement is that the boat be forward enough on its trailer to provide
sufficient weight on the tow vehicle's hitch.  The amount may vary with
the vehicle and/or the trailer design.  For most instances and a Rhodes
single axle trailer, I would suggest being in the 150 pound area.  More
is better than less.  Leaving the motor in place while trailing is my
way of living and is never an issue.  But obviously that reduces trailer
tongue weight which has to be reestablished by having the boat sit
further forward on its trailer.