[Rhodes22-list] highest comfortable wind speed

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Sep 3 17:51:47 EDT 2018

Thanks for the reminders Stan.

I can personally attest to Stan’s point about the 9 stays allowing the mast to remain vertical even in the event of a jib stay failure.  In my case, conditions were fairly moderate, and I reefed the IMF main as quickly as I could manage, and motored back to the marina, so I didn’t push things too hard.  But obviously, if the mast had come down, and inconvenience would have turned into a catastrophe.

Here’s to a catastrophe avoided!

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)