[Rhodes22-list] Rain leaks along rub rail/ hull deck joint

Goodness spreadgoodnews at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 23:05:50 EDT 2018

The factory used silicone on the shoebox hull to deck joint.  It only lasts about 5 years,. Maybe less in salt water.  Not a great choice but was cheap and good for refurbishing.  Dig out the old silicone and add new.
I on the other hand used sikaflex polyurethane flexible adhesive for below water applications.  I applied it inside and out with great results.