[Rhodes22-list] Last trip Journal, Rhodes in the Med 09-12 thru 19

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 14:19:34 EDT 2018

Hey Joe,
            Slocum!  He was my 2nd inspiration, I think Huck Finn was my
first!  Slocum, gee, you know, I thought about scattering tacks on the deck
to ward off the natives, and hoping to hear some "un Christian-like oaths"
but they all wear Nikes or Adidas.  We so enjoyed the adventure, sharing
it, and the feedback from all of you guys on Da List.  We are sitting in
the lap of luxury in an Airbnb which is the whole villa but has 3 other
bedrooms.  And we, are the only ones here, all for 43 euros a night.  I
still find my self sleeping on only the first 20 inches of the king size
bed and wanting to pee in a bottle,  When it started raining in the middle
of the night, I sat bolt upright and tried to find the hatch to close, and
check on the anchor.  It may take a while to get used to this stable land
thing.  Anyway, glad you enjoyed this leg of the voyage.  Next year it will
be exactly 50 years that I will have left the island of Ischia and headed
south.  We are looking forward to that adventure too.

Chris & Alice
ENOSIS I