[Rhodes22-list] Anyone know what this part is?

Jay Friedland jayf401 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 13:47:43 EDT 2018

No news here is not good news.

Mine had significant wear from the rotation of the furling tube, as we use our boat hard and often. Not sure what your tube is resting on without it, but in Stan’s world (after some 30+ yrs with 2 different R22s), Stan uses what’s absolutely necessary/efficient for the particular function, no extra parts, no accidental backup or secondary support. So I doubt that something else isn’t happening or deteriorating only to be discovered later, most often under sail. Short term you maybe ok, long term not so good.