[Rhodes22-list] Cabin Liner

mweisner at ebsmed.com mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Dec 4 13:04:27 EST 2019

I found it much easier to run wires behind teak (or other wood) molding than to try to snake though the ceiling of the Rhodes 22.  Nowadays, I am inclined to use a self adhesive, plastic wire raceway.  They are available from a variety of sources (Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon, etc.) in many colors (white, almond, ivory, black) and are fairly inexpensive.

Amazon features "One-Cord Cable Concealer, 157in Cord Cover, PVC Wire Molding, Paintable Wire Channel to Hide a Single Power Cord, Speaker Wire or TV Cables in Home or Office - 10X L15.7in, W0.59in, H0.4in" for $14.99 (https://www.amazon.com/One-Cord-Concealer-Management-Paintable-Ethernet/dp/B07GPBJV6K/ref=sr_1_18?crid=2AHRRTTLQS5A&keywords=wiring+channel+wall&qid=1575482093&sprefix=wiring+ch%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-18)

They are available in several widths and heights depending on what you want to put inside.  They are easily re-opened and you can add wires as needs arise.

To ensure that the adhesive bonds properly, clean the wiring channel and the ceiling liner with alcohol prior to applying the double sided tape.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY