[Rhodes22-list] Silicone sealant used on cabin windows

stan spitzer stan at rhodes22.com
Fri Jan 11 02:31:23 EST 2019

sorry Graham, I left the word "tape" out after "foam".  It has an adhesive backing on one face so we can apply it to the rim of the window frame before installation.  Should any of the foam tape protrude beyond the frame, from compression after installation, it is trimmed.  The frames need not, probably should not, be fastened as tight as possible.  Per our standard scientific installation protocol of never being sure of what we are doing, we cup one ear and listen to you guys.  So far no noise from the foam tape crowd.