[Rhodes22-list] GBI Furler available and photos Re: GB Furler Picturers and Parts

SpringHollow ksimolo at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 5 13:39:38 EDT 2019

Hi Mary,

Your furler looks exactly like mine I think except the bottom of the rope
drum is disconnected on yours and I am missing the top piece.

Was the top of the sail just screwed to the pole using a metal loop or like
on another design where they just used a screw (with washer) going through
the sail grommet into the pole?

Mine has a D-Ring installed above the rope drum.  I see screw holes above
yours as well.  I am assuming the bottom of the sail is attached to the
d-ring on mine with rope or hardware.  Depending upon the length of the
sail, I could see using these to set the tension.  Does this sound correct?

I assume the width of the disk is to limit the height the tube can rise and
to have a soft surface if it hits against the mast.  Yours is 2 piece.  I am
not sure what the advantage of that is since hardware can not pass through
the lower rope drum.  Though it would allow one to more easily replace the
bushing with a  split bushing when it is worn down.   When I make it, I
might drill large holes through mine to reduce weight up there.  That would
be stronger and easier than trying to hollow it out.  With the pole 1"
diameter, it looks like your disk is 3" diameter.

Definitely making progress.  Thank you Mary and everyone else!

Ken

-----
1988 Rhodes 22 refurbed in 2008