[Rhodes22-list] Triad trailer reparis

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 08:58:17 EDT 2019

Hi all.  Has anyone undertaken the project to replace the original (now rusted and frozen) drum brakes on a Triad single-axle trailer with a disc brake upgrade?  It’s not a cheap project but is purported to give an otherwise good trailer a new lease on life.  I don’t travel far with the boat - some years about 300 yards from the boat yard to the launch ramp and back spring and fall….the lack of use is the main problem.

I don’t think I can remove the old brakes and have a legal trailer.  Or so I’m told.

Has anyone priced this out?

Thanks for any assistance.

Happy summer to all.

Dave B