[Rhodes22-list] Solar cells

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 24 22:15:14 EDT 2019

Thanks.   I did exactly that once the sun rose.   I knew the forward battery
wasn’t holding a charge day/evening sailing but it did ok overwinter so I
assumed I had a bad solar panel. Stan replaced the other on refit.

I figured out about everything but one mystery wire in the bilge a foot
short of the aft battery, dangling open.   It’s outdoor cable but not
tinned?  It’s hard to see.    It may have been an abandoned mod by the PO.
The outboard generator goes to the battery switch.   I didn’t take it apart
to confirm it charges the selected battery (s).

I’ve also installed anti raccoon bulkhead extensions to the lazarette, from
plastic signs.    The smaller gaps under the seat remain but the void under
the gunnel is less inviting.

Thanks.
Al

-----