[Rhodes22-list] Table Base Corrosion

ROGER PIHLAJA Roger_Pihlaja at msn.com
Thu May 23 10:16:41 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I think the original table bases are chrome plated bronze.  The table base in the photo looks like Zamak, which is an alloy of zinc, aluminum, copper, and magnesium.  Zamak is not rated for salt water service.  Zamak and stainless steel will bimetallic corrode very quickly.  You would have been better off using galvanized fasteners.

Roger Pihlaja

S/V Dynamic Equilibrium