[Rhodes22-list] Cowie/GB storm clouds

luis.guzman.ve luis.guzman.ve at gmail.com
Sun May 26 08:29:37 EDT 2019

If CC is interested in the business, maybe he should move to Edenton and join Stan and help him propel the business instead of competing with it.Luis GuzmanS/V AquetxaliSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Todd Tavares <sprocket80 at mail.com> Date: 5/25/19  10:28 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Cowie/GB storm clouds I've been on the list probably longer than most. The new admins keep bouncing my emails saying my freebie email must be sent as plain text instead HTML. I hope this email gets through, because I can't stand Nabble.I'm a nice guy most of the time but I can be quite abrasive at times...just ask Roger P (welcome back BTW). And this email will probably cost me a few friends here too but I don't care . My 2 cents; which is more vinegar than sugar:I first got on list before we left Sailnet and MJM started this list for us Rhodies, so I've been here since before the beginning. Early on I bumped heads with Stan and got grilled by a few of the hardcore Rhodies...especially Rummy (may he rest in peace). I went off because of Stan's reluctance to stop the production line to field my calls and parts requests. Stan made a comment to the effect of 'I'm not in the parts business so go talk to the guy you bought the boat from. Why should I stop trying to make money to help out someone who has never put one dime in my pocket?' This is partly the genesis for the Certificate of Support program.I had never dealt with a struggling "one-off" organization before, but I eventually understood the mindset and now I have to step up and defend Stan.I'm sure he'd love to sell his business and finally retire...before he turns 100 or reaches his "expiration date". I thought about making him this offer--- I wouldn't buy his business or infuse any cash. But I could drive down to Edenton bimonthly or so and tell him how to run the business better, in exchange for him giving me the business and property in his Will or something like that. Unfortunately though...somebody had already made him that offer.CC's endeavor is his own and I wish him luck. But Charles's supportive email and choice of phrases are ironic. I'm at a loss to understand how a directly competing business, especially one advertising HERE, is supposed to put one dime in Stan's pocket?  Is that how you perpetuate a brand? b Competing and taking business by soliciting to the list members who've supported Stan for so long? I'll stop just short of saying this is Stan's list, but we started it to drive interest in the Rhodes 22 and we've promoted General Boats with some success.  CC's business may certainly propel OUR interests in (your) Stan's invention" but it is certainly not a faithful "continuation of the brand"?I'm sorry if this offends anyone, and I don't want to make enemy of Chris or Charles, but this is not the place to be asking for or looking for support to cripple the struggling business of the aged Admiral of our fleet.  Todd Tavares (Todd T.) Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 7:17 PMFrom: "Charles Nieman" <blue66corvette at hotmail.com>To: "The Rhodes 22 Email List" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Cowie/GB storm cloudsStan;I would normally not make any public comment in a situation such as this, but you have asked. I support what CC is doing and think it actually helps to propel our interests in your invention. You have not provided any evidence of any solid plan for the continuation of the brand. And while your longevity is amazing (but I’m pretty certain you do have an expiration date as the rest of us do, if I’m wrong here I applaud you but could you please share some insight and some evidence) there needs to be some plan for the future. It appears to me that CC is attempting to provide such. He therefore will receive the same support from me that you have. I wish both endeavors all possible success.Charles98 R 22s/v DayDreamsJoe Pool Lake, DFW Texas> On May 25, 2019, at 4:24 PM, stan <stan at generalboats.com> wrote:>>> For 50 years Rhodes owners have been our sales force and our board of directors. So before we submit a book size White Paper response to Chris Cowie's "new" business, made clear by the following two emails, we feel we should give voice to the cooler collective heads of the List, before a declaration of war:>> "/Hi Chris, />> /Rumor (Ted) has it that you may know of used Rhodes 22s for sale especially in the Mid Atlantic region. My wife Emily and I are seriously hot to trot! Jeff: Contact me//**//via email - we//**//have several refurbished Rhodes 22 ready to sail."/>> If you own, or are thinking of buying a Rhodes, what is happening here truly affect your interests. Any and all input from the List will be thoughtfully responded to.>> thanks for hearing,> stan>