[Rhodes22-list] Tiller-Motor Link for Yamaha 9.9

Gary Felix gfelix1 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 13:00:17 EDT 2019

Hello everyone,

I am the new owner of a 2010 Rhodes 22. This list is a great resource! The
archive certainly helped answered many of my pre-purchase questions. I have
not yet launched while I wait for my boat lift to be reconfigured for the
R22.

My boat included the tiller-motor link and has the Yamaha 9.9, model
T9.9GEXH. I don't believe that the motor cowling has the setup to attach
the motor end of the linkage. One of the attached pictures that I found
from an archived post shows the linkage installed with a 9.9. I don't think
I have the correct fitting for the motor end of the arm.  Also, if the arm
is meant to attach to the top of the cowling, you can see from the one of
the attached pictures that they are at different heights. In this picture,
my motor is in the fully lowered position on the lift.

I also have a related question - Is this motor at the proper height for the
boat? See the attached picture. The motor is prevented from lowering
further by a plastic block in the lift track. The motor could be lowered
quite a bit more if that block is removed. I've read that the motor's
anti-cavitation plate should be slightly below the waterline, so maybe my
setup is correct?

Thanks for any help,
Gary Felix
Panacea, FL