[Rhodes22-list] Cowie/GB storm clouds

Dennis mcneelyd at site-solutions.com
Tue May 28 16:09:54 EDT 2019

I've been off list for some time, and just lurking at other times - so
throw that into the mix when reading below.

I'm an entrepreneur, and can appreciate the effort Stan has put into
building General Boats, the risks he took to make it happen, the
failures he had to 'engineer' around, and the stresses he had to put on
his family while all the above was going on. For all that and much more,
Stan and his family deserve huge congratulations.

Being an entrepreneur involves more that just the massive efforts
indicated above however. There are also the "minor" issues of marketing
and customer service. Stan has attended innumerable boat shows to expose
the gem the Rhodes 22 has become, and by hook or by crook, Stan has
pulled together a web site(s). Driving traffic to a web site is another
matter though. It's handy to have a list of interested owners you can
address when you're launching a new product or selling off old inventory
- and Stan has used this list for both.

Which brings us to this list - or DaList, as Rummy liked to call it.
First off - thanks to the folks who pulled it together and have grown it
to its present size. The present owner or administrator is truly the
person who can dictate whether DaList can be used for commercial
purposes, and to what extent. If Stan is running the list, he has the
power to ban members who offer parts (or boats) for sale. If someone
else is running the show, it's their call to make - despite the fact
that their call may rub Stan the wrong way. I'm sure Rhodes 22 owners
everywhere appreciate being aware of parts or boats that become
available - that's part of what makes this community thrive.

I really appreciate owning one of Stan's fleet, and don't want to take
the shine off the effort he's made to build General Boats - but if he
doesn't own the list, he really shouldn't be laying claim to it or
objecting to any posts that don't break DaRules.

I think Stan has made a great move by involving others in fulfilling
parts orders. Getting those orders turned around sooner rather than
later will certainly add to General Boat's shine, as will improving
communications with customers trying to buy parts (or those who simply
have questions). It's nice when someone picks up the phone when you
call, or responds the next day if you leave a voicemail or send an
email. Those two improvements alone are huge in the eyes of DaList. Did
I mention the importance of customer service? <chuckle>

That's it - off my soap box. Enjoy the season!

Dennis McNeely
Magic Moments

PS It's good to see you and Dynamic Equilibrium here again Roger!
       ... and thanks for sending links letting me crew with you on
Enosis 1 Chris - if only in my imagination :)