[Rhodes22-list] Water tanks

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Nov 5 09:07:15 EST 2019

Todd,

Go to the Defender Marine website (www.defender.com<http://www.defender.com>) (800-628-8225) and take a look at the todd M/N 94-1627WH, Defender C/N 503130 water tank.  This tank has a capacity of 15 gal and the dimensions are 25” L X 11” W X 15” D.  The MOC is FDA & USCG certified polyethylene.  The plumbing and vent connections are molded in and are all female NPT.  The same vender can supply the various plumbing fittings, hose, clamps, and valves to complete the job.

S/V Dynamic Equilibrium came with water tank mounting beds molded into the interior of the hull.  On your boat, look behind (i.e. aft of) the floatation foam under the V-berth and in front of the V-berth bulkhead.  You should see an empty space sized to fit the above specified tank.  The molded in mounting beds will provide good support for the tank up in the deep V part of the bow .  My water tank mounting beds have slots in them.  These slots allow a nylon outboard gas tank strap to be rigged around the water tank.  The water tank is held in place by the floatation foam in front, the V-berth bulkhead behind, and the mounting beds + strap prevent side-to-side and upward movement.  But, this mount still allows the water tank to be removed if necessary.

Easy peasy!  I don’t know why anyone would want to go to all the trouble and expense of a permanently mounted water tank when this option is available.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium