[Rhodes22-list] Trailering and storage of the R22

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 13:20:42 EST 2019

Welcome to 'da list Charlie.
1.  I always towed with a regular hitch and your 5,000 lb capacity is
adequate.
2.  I have never tied down the boat when towing although I know that some
do. I tow 25 miles each way since 2003.
3.  I always leave the sails furled on the forestay or in the mast unless
using as a pattern for a new sail.
4.  I leave the batteries in place and disconnect the direct wired solar
panel.
5.  As I moor in salt water I winterize my 2 stroke outboard by running for
10 minutes with fresh water then disconnect the fuel line and let it idle
until the carb is empty and the engine stalls.  I do not treat the fuel as
the only time I had trouble with last season's fuel was the year I treated
it with Stabil.
6.  A tarp is a good idea as the lazerette tends to fill with water on land
as the boat sits differently than in the water.

Good sailing...

*Stephen Staum*
*s/v Carol Lee 2*

*Needham, MA*