[Rhodes22-list] masthead light - steaming vs. all around

mweisner at ebsmed.com mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Nov 14 16:24:15 EST 2019

For those who are considering how to increase function of the mast mounted lighting, I have used a DPDT polarity reversing switch and LEDs (or lamps with series connected diodes) to power two lighting effects over a single pair of wires. If one used the mast as an additional conductor, two lighting effects could be achieved with simple SPST switches.  Just think how many independently operated lights could be powered if one used the mast and a polarity reversing scheme.  Please note that these systems generally provide only one lamp powered at a time.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY