[Rhodes22-list] masthead light - steaming vs. all around

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Thu Nov 14 10:35:00 EST 2019

Jesse,

On my boat the wire for getting power up the mast runs from the switch panel above the galley counter, down behind the ice box to the space beneath the galley, then forward to the head, then under the head floor to the compression post area, then up a chase alongside the compression post, then is exposed for a few inches before running up into cabin ceiling, and finally to the deck connection fitting near the mast tabernacle.

I haven’t made a YouTube video about how to take the inside of the Rhodes 22 apart.  For the most part, it’s just a matter of removing screws.  If you’ve got a marine head, that will complicate things somewhat I would imagine (but don’t really know).  You can get an idea of what things look like after they’ve been deconstructed, in the videos ‘Installing a C-Head Toilet’ and in the Spring 2017 project videos.

Jerry’s solution would be much less invasive.  I think it would require mounting a special kind of switch somewhere in that circuit.  I’d like to hear more details about it as well.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)