[Rhodes22-list] Long term cruising stowage

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 18:03:00 EST 2019

Hey Jesse,
 Thanks for the good words.  There is no such thing as "small potatoes"
when it comes to sailing your Rhodes.  It is whatever amount of joy you
find each day on the water.  Half kidding about the water line, but you are
right, there is some water that fills the little scupper but doesn't rise
above the cockpit sole, when the boat is level.  But when was our boat ever
"level".  So if the boat heels then a lot more water accumulates.  We do
use a plug with a bit of extra rescue tape wrapped around it to make a
secure and solid grip so it won't pop out.  My best solution:  Load the bow
with lots of beer.  Keeps the boat on an even keel; me, not so much. (grin )

Chris G
ENOSIS