[Rhodes22-list] hatch on foredeck

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Nov 30 08:35:40 EST 2019

We had the solar vent forward and a single hatch over the head. we
always thought it was enough ventilation for sleeping but we slept in
the narrow double berth in the cabin rather than in the v-berth which we
used for storage when cruising.

I think the boat in the picture was Bill Gallant's and while it's
possible he had the work done locally,  I seem to remember that the work
was done at General Boats before the boat was delivered. It would have
been in the late 1990s or around 2000. I don't know where that boat went
or where it is now but don't recall any complaints about the hatch in
the couple of years Bill was on the Rhodes list.

Mary Lou
ex R-22
now Rosborough RF-246  Tara
Rock Hall, MD