[Rhodes22-list] First sail on my Rhodes and leaks!

JP Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Thu Oct 3 12:04:22 EDT 2019

No you don't have to take boat off trailer. Just lower CB til it rests on
ground because you have to remove lanyard tube to get floor boards and CB
cap out.

While in the water, you can easily tell if gasket is leaking by running your
fingers around under flange. Water will also show up around screws. If you
end up replacing gasket, only tighten screws til snug. After launching,
gradually tighten till no water is seeping. Also NO SEALANT on gasket. These
were Stan's instructions and they would out great. My bilge is dry as a
bone.

Correct gasket is neoprene rubber and provides the best seal because it is
stiff enough, yet pliable enough to provide a good seal.  Cannot emphasize
enough need for fender washers both top and bottom. Lock washers not
necessary.

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/Bilge_CB_Before.jpg>

-----
JP Dempsey