[Rhodes22-list] Stan, if you are lurking

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Oct 7 17:22:21 EDT 2019

My rudder cheeks are made of some sort of plastic.  While I’m not sure exactly what it is, it’s definitely not Starboard.  As Alex said, Starboard feels kind of soft, and this material is harder. Personally, I wouldn’t be comfortable using Starboard in this application, but that’s just a gut reaction.

Alex didn’t mention which online vendor he used, but McMaster-Carr is a source I’ve used not only for Starboard, but all kinds of hardware and materials for the boat.

If you want to consider using aluminum, you can get that from McMaster as well.  Aluminum can be cut with wood blades.  Carbide blades are generally recommended, but non-carbide blades will work (but probably dull much more quickly than when used with wood).

Apparently everything causes cancer in California.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)