[Rhodes22-list] Stan, if you are lurking

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 22:38:54 EDT 2019

eter.

I used TAP plastics for the starboard, they sold custom sizes which reduced
shipping costs.   For the small amount I needed, it was cheaper.   My
2002/2016 refit definitely used Starboard.   I x-rayed the unbroken cheek
but couldn’t identify a matching stress crack.
Grainger supplied the  G10.    I’ll see how that goes.
I tried a local metal shop with no marine experience.   He encouraged me to
stick to original material, I think this was out of ignorance, caution, and
unwillingness to mess with high strength aluminum alloy for a small job.   I
lacked the courage to try myself, and was worried about stainless corroding
against aluminum if I make it to saltwater someday.   I know just enough
about metal and galvanic indexes to be dangerous.
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t691/19B7E2BE-6895-45BE-80BC-676442457F29.gif>
Alex

-----
Alex Cole