[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard noise

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Mon Oct 21 14:40:01 EDT 2019

Mark:

My centerboard has always banged around inside the trunk when It did not have any sort of lateral pressure on it.  If the board is banging then it probably does not need to be down.  Sailing downwind the board should and can be lifted.   I would not leave the board down at the mooring to avoid unnecessary banging and growth on the board.

Christopher P. Cowie

700 N Fairfax Street
Suite 304
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
703.717.9103 ex.204 ● 202.270.1470 mobile
[ccowie at cowieassociates.com]