[Rhodes22-list] solar charge

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 9 22:38:18 EDT 2019

It shouldn’t matter how your switch is set, the two panels will continue to
trickle their respective batteries.   For use you can keep one battery in
reserve, especially if you depend on electric start or will need nav lights.
My 6hp Tohatsu’s generator cannot quite keep up with a single LED interior
light so it would not be enough to operate navigation lights if I ran the
batteries flat.   I also plan on topping off the batteries and disconnecting
the controllers during winter layup.    They have a tiny draw and the boat
will be barn stored in complete darkness for 20 cold weeks.

Alex

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark