[Rhodes22-list] solar charge

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 9 23:15:17 EDT 2019

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t691/04354AC3-241D-4E01-AF5C-B7D15F530860.jpeg>

This sketch was posted this spring, I forget who to credit.   The LARK is a
bit simpler, without a macerator or autopilot,  and using a block and tackle
for the motor mount.   My only navigation equipment is an IPad and compass,
so the USB port on the controller can charge my GPS.    I did run a bilge
pump and fuse off the forward battery.   The manual on wire is hooked to an
alligator clip that can reach the battery from the bilge, on the theory
simplicity is proportional to reliability on a bad day.   Of course I have a
redundant hand pump as well, and a hose  that can reach the centerboard
pennant hole with the pump in the bilge access.    I like back up plans, so
like you I made sure I knew how the boat was wired.     When the switch is
turned off between use the bilge pump float switch works, the solar panels
still top off the batteries, and for reasons only known by Stan, the galley
sink still runs.

Alex

-----
Alex Cole