[Rhodes22-list] Not a Boat Question

Cary Tolbert retiredtoby at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:46:58 EDT 2020

Last season I had my Triad Trailer upgraded with s/s disk drakes.
When you use the quick disconnect in order to use the extension it leaks a
little brake fluid. I noticed the paint and primer had dissolved in the
area of the leaked fluid. I realize now that I should have cleaned this
area. Water under the bridge.
So my question is, are there any recommendations on TYPE of primer and paint
to use that is not sensitive to brake fluids properties? DOT3
Surely some member of the list has experience with this or something
similar.
I know if I had a galvanized trailer this would not be a problem. But the
trailer is an 86 as is my Rhodes and was painted and repainted ,I'm sure,
black.
Let me hear from you Rhodies.
Thanks
Cary Tolbert