[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailer length

NewIn76 bferguson at jcu.edu
Mon Apr 13 16:52:26 EDT 2020

I refuse to start another thread that compares single vs. tandem axle.  I
think that horse has beaten into glue at this point.  Thanks to this list
(and Steve Congdon) I found a nearby trailer that I intend to upgrade from
the existing single 3500 lb axle.  Upgrading to a 5200 or 6000 lb axle means
the fender will need to be replaced.  However, referring back to my subject
line, is there any difference in overall length between a single and a
tandem axle trailer?  I understand the hitch weight measurements will need
to be re-calculated, but would I realistically have space to put on a tandem
fender before the axle curves towards the coupler?  I won't always be in
Cleveland (thanks Uncle Sam), so I am still undecided on the final axle
plan.  (I am sincerely to hold back the flood of tandem v. single axle
comments.  Haha )

-----
Brian
1976 Rhodes 22