[Rhodes22-list] Reconnecting the Tabernacle Screws Following Sacrificial Failure

Chris on LBI cknell at vt.edu
Mon Aug 3 07:31:55 EDT 2020

Graham,

In thinking about drilling new holes, I was thinking that I would also drill
new holes in the tabernacle base plate so the location of the base plate
would not move.

But your point about hole location raises an interesting additional problem
for me that I had not considered. Each of the three existing holes in the
mounting block below the base plate is now oblong, sort of like two holes
slightly offset from one another in both the x and y axis. So I'll have to
decide which of the two possible centers is the one I should use when
remounting the tabernacle base plate.

That is an interesting observation that Wood Slivers and Larger Holes are
not mutually exclusive.

I feel your pain relocating the base plate 3 times. When you did so, how did
you repair the holes that were not located correctly? Also, do your screws
bite into the fiberglass as well as the wood block underneath?

Thanks,
Chris

-----
Long Beach Island