[Rhodes22-list] mainsail problems

Shawn Boles shawn.sustain at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:46:06 EDT 2020

Hi All:

Having made a fool of myself for the better part of 2 weeks by insisting to
my yard that the Sally (IMF) sail entered the slot from the starboard side
rather than port, I am enjoying the thread no end.

I even tried to sail her w/ incorrect setup and it did not go well!  Serves
me right for violating Stan's dictum that if it is hard you are doing it
wrong. I can only plead age and the covid-19 miasma.

Once properly set up( furled sail  is clockwise when viewed from above),
things are good. Boom slightly starboard and slightly raised - easy peasy.

Sailing is a blessing in these strange times. Stay safe.

Cheers,
Shawn
s/v Sweet Baboo