[Rhodes22-list] mainsail problems

Joe Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Wed Aug 5 11:52:18 EDT 2020

Every now and then, I have a problem with furling the main.  I've long
adhered to Stan's edict, "if it ain't working, don't force it"! STOP! Step
back and assess the situation. It's usually: 1. a boom height, (Topping
lift, not boom block position) issue. Raise or
I too had a tear and had to remove the main from the mast. Chris's
directions are spot on! I'd recommend everyone copying them to keep in your
manual.  Also the tip of adding three or four coils of furling line on the
spool before wrapping the main back on the tube are excellent. I do have
some photos that may assist, may be overkill, but hope it may help someone!

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/1.jpg>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/2.png>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/3.jpg>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/4.jpg>