[Rhodes22-list] RLazy Jacks

Richard Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Fri Aug 7 09:41:55 EDT 2020

I have a Continental rig and have contemplated lazy jacks or stack-pac.
I have used both on larger boats,  a Saber 42 and a HInterhauler 42
The Stack-pac would be my choice and the easiest to use.
Since $$ is always a concern, and I have more important priorities, I have learned to flake the sail from the mast as I drop it.   I tie off the front end  then shift the folds from stern to bow.
Of course having a helper is great, but I sail a lot by myself and my wife is too short to reach the boom unless i lower the T lift.
Also, I just like the way the boat looks with a nice flat sail cover.
IMF is easy and cruisy, but I’ll sail away from any IMF Rhodes 22.

Richard Stott, AIA, LEED AP
www.stottarchitecture.com
Office	631-283-1777
Cell		516-965-3164