[Rhodes22-list] Radar?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Aug 14 10:15:18 EDT 2020

Peter,

Do you have a photo of the solar arch?

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhodes22-list <rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org> On Behalf Of Peter Nyberg
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 2:11 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Radar?

Mark,

Well, I have that whole solar arch construct I built on the back end of the boat to support my two 100 watt solar panels.  As I recall, the radome is pretty light (~15 lbs?), so the arch shouldn’t have any problem supporting that as well.

Without an arch, I’d say a pole mounted to the transom would be the way to go.  I see a lot of sailboats with a radome mounted that way.  I think there would be room between the rudder and the swim ladder, without limiting the swing of the rudder at all.

—Peter