[Rhodes22-list] She floats!

Mark Whipple mark at whipplefamily.com
Fri Aug 28 19:43:44 EDT 2020

Hi Peter,

I wondered when someone would notice the bowsprit. It didn't take long! The
boat came with some sort of light-air sail on its own furler. The sail was
designed to be attached to the sprit at the bottom and the green halyard at
the top. I haven't attempted to rig it yet, in part because the bowsprit
used to be longer. As I was moving the boat around the boatyard on the
trailer last year I caught the halyard on the anchor roller of another boat
and snapped off the front of the bowsprit. Fixing that will likely be a job
for the winter or next season.

Mark