[Rhodes22-list] She floats!

Mark Whipple mark at whipplefamily.com
Fri Aug 28 19:53:15 EDT 2020

Hi Reuben,

Based on a quick email exchange with Stan, I believe all the bells and
whistles on my boat were installed by a previous owner, although not the
one who sold me the boat. Stan alluded to my boat being hoisted with a
helicopter but I've never received the details.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Hoyt boom, especially your experience
with the Harbor 20. I'm open to new technology if it provides a benefit,
but I'm skeptical about the self-tending jib. It takes up a lot of space on
the bow and doesn't allow you to fly an overlapping genoa. I'll give a
trial over the next month or so and see what I think. The bases of both the
Hoyt boom and the wheel pedestal need painting, so I suspect both will come
off this winter and we'll see if I reinstall either of them.

Thanks,
Mark